Making the educational and licensing process simple by offering certification.


Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel

This Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) license and is commonly referred to as the “6-pack” or “Charterboat Captain’s License”. This license allows you take 6 passengers for-hire, plus crew, on your boat.


The course is designed for Captains working and boating on all federal waters with passengers for hire on a power-driven boat. This includes duck hunters, sunset tours, fishing charters, sailing instruction and similar activities.


Master 100GT Captain's License

A Master’s License is the highest-level license and is required if you operate inspected vessels. Inspected vessels can carry more than 6 passengers.


To become inspected, the vessel must be built in accordance with rigid USCG Commercial Vessel Inspection standards. This license allows you to operate both inspected vessels (such as inland ferry boats, harbor tours boats, water taxi or dive boat) and uninspected vessels (less than six passengers).


Add this course onto your OUPV license for the opportunity to work on tour boats. You can sign up for both but you must complete the OUPV class before upgrading to this license. 


Marine Radio Operator Permit

The MROP – Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP) is required to operate radiotelephone stations aboard vessels of more than 300 gross tons and vessels that carry more than six passengers for hire in the open sea or any tidewater area of the United States. MPs enable the holder to operate radiotelephone stations aboard certain vessels that sail the Great Lakes, certain aviation radiotelephone stations, and certain coast radiotelephone stations.


Auxiliary Sail Endorsement

This endorsement is required by any captains in charge of an inspected sailing vessel. This means the vessel is approved to carry more that six passengers with at least one for hire.


There are the following lesson in the Auxiliary Sail Endorsements course

  • Why Boats Fly – Sailboats like airplanes use the methods of propulsion
  • Commands – important for captain, helm, and crew to know proper commands.
  • Parts of a Sailboat – sailboats have lots of parts with different names.
  • Types of Sailing Vessels – not all sailboats are a like. Learn the differences.
  • Rules of the Road – sailboats have several different rules than power boats.
Assistance Towing Endorsement

Assistance Towing Endorsement

The USCG Towing Endorsement is required if you will be engaged in towing a disabled vessel for payment, such as the activities of a US Sea Tow or Tow Boat operator. Any USCG license of 200 gross tons or less, including an OUPV/Six-pack License, may be endorsed for assistance towing.

First Aid, CPR, and AED

First Aid, CPR, and AED

This course was developed by the Emergency Care and Safety Institute, a collaboration of American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), and meet all the current national standards. Accepted by the US Coast Guard.

This class is required to get your original Merchant Mariner Credential. We offer these courses in combination with our Captains License classes. Standard First Aid, CPR and AED provides clear, concise direction on how to perform CPR and use an AED during an emergency and how to deliver high quality first aid.